Dear friends & neighbors:
This time of year is usually filled with family gatherings, picnics and fun-filled activities. Although it will be a little different this year, our Country’s independence is something we should all celebrate.
However you choose to celebrate this holiday, please make sure to keep yourself, your family and friends safe.
Abide by the State and City of Rancho Mirage face covering order and social distancing, both of which are critical practices to stop the spread of the COVID-19 Coronavirus.
ANNUAL FIREWORKS SPECTACULAR!
Celebrate Fourth of July with the entire family at
Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
Enjoy a magnificent fireworks display with synchronized music on Mix 100.5
FREE parking and admission. Fireworks at 9:00 p.m.
It is recommended that viewers arrive early as this year’s show is anticipated to be very popular and vehicle capacity will need to be limited due to social distancing protocols. Fireworks viewers may also bring their own chairs, blankets, and snacks, and approximately 650 car spaces will be allowed. Cars will be arranged to provide safe distances for families to view the fireworks, and viewers will be required to wear their face-coverings while on property.
For more information, please visit, hotwatercasino.com/fourth-of-july-2020 .
Agua Caliente Resort Casino Spa Rancho Mirage
32-250 Bob Hope Drive Rancho Mirage, CA 92270
PERSONAL USE OF FIREWORKS PROHIBITED IN RANCHO MIRAGE
Please keep in mind that use of personal use or sale of fireworks in the City of Rancho Mirage is prohibited and subject to a fine. The City’s full Municipal Code can be found on the City’s website at qcode.us/codes/ranchomirage .
FIREWORKS & PETS DON’T MIX!
Although we love the celebrations and fireworks this time of year, our pets don’t always share our enthusiasm. For some pets, loud noises such as fireworks, are a reason to panic.
Here are some tips to help ease the pain of this not so pet-friendly holiday:
- Do not take your pets to firework displays!
- Keep your pets inside – even dogs in fenced yards find ways to escape the scary sounds.
- Give them a safe place to hide – Set up a comfortable room or crate in your house just for them.
- If you are in bed when the fireworks begin, your pet would probably appreciate being allowed on your bed (or under the covers) with you. Your pet will feel safest snuggled up against you.
- Use ambient noise to mask the noise – A radio or TV playing soothing music.
- Skip the celebration and stay home with your pets. Just being there to comfort your pet can make a world of difference.
- Keep them busy – Treats and chew toys will distract them during the fireworks.
- Always make sure your pet IDs and microchips are up to date.
COUNTY OF RIVERSIDE CLOSING ALL BREWPUBS, BREWERIES, BARS & PUBS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Brewpubs, breweries, bars, and pubs not offering sit-down and dine-in meal service, shall close effective June 30, 2020 at 2:01 a.m. Bar areas in dine-in restaurants that cannot follow the dine-in restaurant guidance shall also remain closed. These establishments will be allowed to resume operation only when state guidance and local permission permit them to do so.
The CDPH Guidance on Bar Closures can be found at :
To view the full County of Riverside Order, CLICK HERE
RANCHO MIRAGE MORATORIUM UPDATES
Residential & Commercial Eviction Moratorium: The City of Rancho Mirage has extended its Residential and Commercial Eviction Moratorium through July 30, 2020. This Moratorium ensures that no landlord/lessor can evict a tenant/lessee for nonpayment of rent if the tenant/lessee demonstrates that the tenant/lessee is unable to pay rent due to financial impacts related to COVID-19.
Short-Term Rental Moratorium: The City of Rancho Mirage’s Short-Term Rental (STR) Moratorium is set to expire on June 30, 2020, and all STR certificate holders will be allowed to resume operation on July 1, 2020. It is critical that short-term rentals adhere to the State guidelines for their operation, including but not limited to:
- Establish a property-specific written COVID-19 prevention plan.
- Establish routine and thorough cleaning and disinfecting protocols between guests.
- Educate guests on the COVID-19 prevention protocols you have implemented for your property, prior to their arrival.
- Requirement for face coverings when employees are present with guests at the property.
A complete copy of the State’s guidance for Short-Term Rentals is available here .
It is also critical to adhere to the new statewide requirement for face coverings with limited exceptions, available here .
All questions about the STR Moratorium must be directed to the Code Compliance Division by emailing email@example.com or by calling (760) 770-3220 .
SHORT-TERM RENTAL HOTLINE
Just as a reminder, the City’s Short-Term Rental Hotline is available 24-hours, 7 days a week to receive anonymous complaints from residents who may have concerns or disturbance issues about short-term rentals in their neighborhood.
Short-Term Rental Hotline
( 60) 833-7999
GREAT PLATES DELIVERED UPDATE
To date, we have 214 participants enrolled in the Program and 25,623 meals have been served by our local restaurants.
The Great Plates delivered program will continue until July 10th. Delicious meals are delivered Monday, Wednesday and Fridays between 3:00 – 7:00 p.m. by our wonderful Rancho Mirage restaurants.
Eligible Rancho Mirage residents and locally owned Rancho Mirage restaurants/food providers can sign up to participate in the Great Plates Delivered Program by calling the Rancho Mirage COVID-19 Hotline at (877) 652-4844 , via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or visiting our COVID-19 website at COVID19.RanchoMirageCA.gov .
Please note : Any signups received after after July 1st will only be enrolled to receive meals if the program is extended past the July 10th
DON’T BE A VICTIM OF
PHONE SCAMS – BE CAUTIOUS!
Most of us are aware of phone scams but it’s always good to remind everyone to be cautious when someone calls to request your personal information or threaten service cancellation over the phone.
Recently, residents in the area have received suspicious calls from someone claiming to be from Southern California Edison (SCE). These callers pose as utility “collection” employees and threaten to disconnect electricity service unless a payment is made immediately using a pre-paid cash card. This is a scam!
These calls are fraudulent and if you receive one, please hang up immediately and report it to the Federal Trade Commission (FTC)!
SCE will NEVER :
- Call to demand immediate payment with the threat of service disconnection
- Conduct credit transactions on weekends or holidays
- Ask for cash in person
SCE does NOT :
- Have a disconnection department
- Accept pre-paid cash cards for bill payments ever
If you suspect a phone call, email, or personal visit is fraudulent, SCE wants to remind you to:
- Never reveal personal information to anyone, including your SCE Account information, credit card, ATM or calling card number (or PIN number)
- Never use the call-back number provided by an unknown caller to verify billing information
- Ask for the caller’s name, department and business phone number
- End the call or interaction and report the incident to your local law enforcement.
In addition, the FTC has many guidelines and suggestions in place for how to deal with phone scams. Please review their website at ftc.gov to keep yourself up to date on possible scams and how to protect yourself.
I wish all of you and your families a safe, healthy and happy July 4th holiday. Enjoy this upcoming weekend but please remember – we have to continue to work together to stop the spread of COVID-19 and regain our “independence”.
As always, your City Council and staff are here to help. Should you have any questions or need further details about the information in this Mayor’s Message, please do not hesitate to contact us at (760) 324-4511 or via email at email@example.com .
Mayor G. Dana Hobart
City of Rancho Mirage
Please visit the City’s COVID-19 website at covid19.ranchomirageca.gov for the latest updates, resources, and information affecting our community.