RANCHO MIRAGE, CA – On April 20, 2020, the Health Officer for the County of Riverside issued two (2) amended orders that impact golf, tennis, pickleball and park and trail parking lots. Please see details of the County’s amended orders below. It is also important to note, these limited use openings come with restrictions and are heavily reliant on everyone doing their part to adhere to the requirements laid out in the order.
Highlights from the order to open golf courses for limited use:
- Golf play may occur in groups of no more than four (4) persons
- One (1) person per cart
- Social distancing of six feet
- Face coverings are required
- Golf courses must fully implement the National Golf Course Owners Association (NGCOA) “Park and Play” program
On May 1, 2020, the County of Riverside Health Officer Amended the April 20, 2020 Order Opening Golf Courses for Limited Use.
Riverside County’s full
Amended Order for Opening Golf Courses
Highlights of NGCOA “Park and Play” program include:
- Pay and book tee time online.
- Proceed to first tee without personal contact.
- One person per golf cart.
- Remove bunker rakes, scorecard holders, pencil and tee holders.
- Park and Play program flyer provides checklist for golf course operations to prep facility and staff.
|NGCOA Park and Play Program flyer
TENNIS, PICKLEBALL, PARKS & TRAILS PARKING LOTS
The following Parks & Trails information has been updated as of May 15, 2020:
- Rancho Mirage Dog Park located at 34100 Key Largo Ave is now open to the public.
- Rancho Mirage Community Park located at 71560 San Jacinto Drive is open to the public. Pickleball and tennis courts are now open to the public.
All other parks and city trails remain open. Please visit the City’s website at RanchoMirageCA.gov for information on all parks & trail.
Face coverings and six feet of social distancing is strongly recommended whenever practical and within reason.