ORDER OF THE CITY MANAGER/DIRECTOR OF EMERGENCY SERVICES OF THE CITY OF RANCHO MIRAGE, CALIFORNIA
FACE COVERINGS – May 12, 2020
The following Orders are effective immediately, subject to ratification as soon as practicable by the City Council:
- All persons within the City of Rancho Mirage, including Essential Workers shall be required to wear face coverings at all times, while performing their essential duties, where there may be a risk of contracting COVID-19 or exposing others to COVID-19.
- Face coverings, such as scarves (dense fabric, without holes), bandanas, neck gaiters, or other fabric face coverings shall be appropriate means for complying with this Order.
- All persons including Essential Workers are discouraged from using N95 masks, for non-medical reasons, to reserve supplies for first responders.
- Face coverings shall be worn when entering retail establishments, restaurants, health care facilities, City Hall and other City-owned and operated facilities, and other similar-type facilities which are open to the public during the COVID-19 State of Emergency, and/or waiting in line to enter such facilities, until such time this Order is lifted.
- Face coverings shall also be worn while engaged in any interaction with persons providing an essential service.
- Face coverings are not required to be worn by people who are at home, in the car alone or with members of their own household, or outdoors while complying with social distancing guidelines.
- All owners or managers of retail establishments, restaurants, health care facilities, and other similar-type facilities which are open to the public during the COVID-19 State of Emergency, shall provide notice in a conspicuous place to its employees and prospective customers, patrons, visitors and guests of the requirement to wear a face-covering at all times while being present within their respective facilities and/or waiting in line to enter their respective facilities.
- All owners or managers of retail establishments, restaurants, health care facilities, and other similar-type facilities which are open to the public during the COVID-19 State of Emergency, shall take reasonable steps to keep people who are not wearing a face covering from entering their facilities, and refusing service to anyone not properly wearing a face covering while in the facility or waiting in line to enter the facility.
- Violation of this Order shall be subject to all the remedies set forth in Title14 of the Rancho Mirage Municipal Code, including without limitation a misdemeanor offense, and the remedies set forth therein shall be cumulative and in addition to any and all other remedies, civil, equitable or criminal, afforded to the City under State and Federal laws.
- This Order shall become effective immediately and terminate on June 30, 2020, unless terminated earlier or extended by the City Manager/Director of Emergency Services or the City Council.
Click here to view the full Face Coverings Order dated May 12, 2020.